Red Fox Community School is hiring!
Position: Upper Elementary Head Teacher
Location: Manchester, Vermont
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date: August 2019
Red Fox Community School in Manchester, Vermont is seeking a full time Head Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. Head Teachers are responsible for all classroom functions from classroom management to curriculum development and implementation within the progressive education model. They are expected to have extensive knowledge, understanding, and experience working and teaching within the progressive model and in progressive education classrooms. They must be well versed in differentiating curricular plans and comfortable with working in a multi-age classroom. Excellent classroom management is a must as is experience working with children of varying ages.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and managing a classroom setting which engages a varied group of multi-age learners
- Developing engaging, developmentally appropriate, progressive curriculum for students ages 8-11 to meet varying needs, abilities, and interests
- Collaborating with other Red Fox faculty members on community building and all school activities
- Planning and venturing on frequent curricular-based field trips
- Communicating regularly with families about weekly goings on and student progress
- Writing narrative report cards twice yearly
- Participation in community events and parent-teacher conferences
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Education focus is required.
- 2+ years experience working in a progressive classroom or comparable environment
- Background check and fingerprinting required for employment
- Interest in teaching children through progressive education – required
Salary commensurate with experience
Send resume and cover letter to:
Sami Krasny firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Academics and Administration
Position: Substitute Teacher
Location: Manchester, Vermont
Position Type: Part Time – On Call
Start Date: September 2018
About our School:
Red Fox Community School educates students through a progressive approach to be independent thinkers, creative problem solvers, and engaged, respectful community members.
Red Fox Community School has two multi-age classrooms, an early childhood classroom (ages 5-8) and an upper elementary classroom (ages 8-11). We educate children within the progressive model, and are committed to developmentally appropriate learning. Our head teachers are highly trained and hold advanced degrees in progressive education.
- Red Fox Community School seeking substitute teachers. On-call, part-time basis, for all elementary grade levels.
- Ideal candidates should be outgoing, demonstrate strong communication skills, have some teaching or classroom experience, and greatly enjoy working with students ages 5 through 11.
- Salary ranges from $50/day to $100/day depending on education/certification level and experience.
- Join our wonderful and close-knit community of passionate educators and families!
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, preference to education background.
- Must provide recent references.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass a criminal record check.
- To qualify for this position you must spend at least 1 morning in our school to gain experience in our multi-age, progressive model.
- 1+ years classroom experience required.
- Experience with progressive education is a plus.
Complete our online application and email your resume to Sami Krasny, Director of RFCS, at email@example.com
Red Fox Community School hires faculty/staff of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.